Saturday, January 20, 2007

arctic lace from IK winter issue














here is my version of the arctic diamond stole. unfortunately not knitted in qiviut but the lovely jaggerspun zephyr in cinnabar. i made 9 repeats and after blocking it turned out very big but light as a feather anyway. jaggerspun is such a nice yarn. super quality and lovely colours. it is not possible to buy it here in copenhagen but i bought it form sarahsyarns.com in brooklyn. she has an excellent mail service and sent shade cards as well. one colour is lovelier than the other. now i am knitting the ez seamless hybrid for my niece's hubby. such a nice knit.

2 comments:

Donna D said...

Hi, thanks for sending me the link to your photos. The stole came out beautiful. The Jaggerspun Zephyr is one of my favorite substitutions for qiviut. It is reasonably priced and it drapes and blocks beautifully. It's also easy to knit. It does lack the "halo" of fuzziness that qiviut develops, but it has a sheen that qiviut lacks.

Great job on the stole!

Donna Druchunas
www.sheeptoshawl.com

Nonna Rose said...

WOW...I am so impressed! I will master lace yet.