Friday, October 3, 2008

hat binge!!!





i am always knitting on a big project which i have promised somebody and some times i becomes too much of a big project and then i love to knit some hats. i am like everyone else a big admirer of brooklyntweed and hence i decided to have a go on his new hat patterns habitat and porom (what does porom mean???).


i have lots of worsted in my stash so the habitats were going to be stashbusters where as i wanted to knit porom in the yarn jared suggests. so i ordered and i have now been waiting for nearly two weeks for two parcels from scotland. one from glasgow and one from the shetland islands and have an almost finished hat that i would really like to finish and wear. it is super annoying.


so i decided to whip off a few poroms in yarn from my stash. one in rowanspun dk. i have a lot of this and already knitted a few things in it. a great skinny dk wool with lots of nubs. the other is in silky wool type yarn from my local lys. i think i will wear them a lot. especially the first.


the curry coloured habitat is in classic elite skye tweed. i had just enough left from meg swansen's aran cardi and the other is in beaverslide worsted. also left from the first aran cardi and the st. alba sweater. i think i will give them away. the beanie type of hat is not the best for my big head.


i love knitting hats and i love hats as an accesory. there are many lovely hats to knit out there so maybe i should get knitting...

7 comments:

Shan said...

Ooh I like those...and Brigid looks great in the wild.

I am going to knit myself Odessa this fall...I have the yarn in stash, but other obligations to get done first.

Helen said...

I can't help feeling sort of responsible for your slow parcels: the one from Glasgow should have arrived in a couple of days. I hope they arrive soon:)

Anonymous said...

Your projects are always droolworthy!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. Lovely hats, lovely scenery.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what lovely hats! I especially like your Poroms...I still can't decide if that style of hat is one I would actually wear, but yours look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and beautiful work as always Merete! I esp. love the photograph near the lake, so perfect.

You know you're the reason I decided to make a Habitat too (just what I needed at the time) :)

Kayla W said...

Oh, your knitting is so beautiful! I just happened upon your blog while drooling over Alice Starmore patterns online. Your pictures make me miss home (I'm Danish Canadian).