Monday, June 23, 2008

knitting bliss






here is my na craga all finished.
stats:
10 skeins of cascade 220 heathers, olive green
needles 4 and 4½ mm
size: largest
alterations: i knit it in the round up to armholes where i divided it and knit back and forth. it is slightly tighter since i was off gauge.
it is the most lovely and logical pattern and i loved knitting it. i would not hesitate to knit another or two (my brother and sister both want this for their autumnal birthdays). i love all the cables and the way they are distributed. and i love the sailor rib at the sides and on the sleeves. it would make a very nice sweater as an over all pattern.
the recipient is andrés who is alba's dad. he looks soooo good in it, i think. he is the right type for this kind of sweater. and i added a picture of alba and dad in my knits. actually we were all wearing my knits yesterday when i came to deliver the sweater. alba her red aran, my niece the fair isle yoke, andrés his new sweater and i was wearing my saddle shouldered aran. close knit family.
and now i am knitting st. brigid. it is more complicated than na craga and the yarn is very elastic which i have to get used to. i have decided to knit it back and forth. i don't really mind seaming. it can be great fun when one takes the time it needs.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

You are awesome! I love the heather gray. It's funny, I never thought I would have thought this, but I don't mind seaming either. Great sweater!!

Shan said...

Beautiful! That seemed very quick, too.

I love seaming.

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing sweater! Looks great on him!

jeanfromcornwall said...

Splendid cables!!!

Anonymous said...

You will not believe this, but when I first saw the picture, I thought, "HEY! That's Na Cragna, isn't it?" I recognized those deep, nesting cables. It's very beautiful and I wish I had a copy of Aran Knitting.

Jules said...

It's gorgeous! And you're right, the recipient is just right for that type of sweater. Looks great!
I've had this sweater on my list, along with some Alice Starmore Scottish Heather to knit it in, for a long time. This is inspiration indeed.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, stunning! What a lucky guy to get such a beautiful and well fitting sweater:)

Also, thank you for your kind words regarding my St Brigid:)